• Understand and follow DOL, IRS, FSLA pay rules
• Set up employee tax liabilities for local and School Districts
• Maintain employee master payroll files for all employees
• Learn how to maneuver through the timekeeping system to set up new hires, process transfers, promotions, and terminations correctly
• Maintain employee electronic time sheets and apply appropriate pay codes
• Process and reconcile payroll reports for weekly and monthly pays.
• Maintain employee changes to earnings such as PTO, Leave of Absence, FMLA,
• Maintain employee changes to pay such as Benefits deductions, 401k contributions and loan deductions, eligibility for safety shoes and glasses, tax changes,
• Process various court orders
• Process Temporary employees time and reconcile invoices.
• Interact with Supervisors, employees and 3’d parties daily
• Train new hires how to login into payroll to clock and to access Employee Self Service
• Process Employment verifications
• Follow all pay policies.
• Excellent attention to Details is number 1
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent Attendance, especially on payroll Mondays.
• Proficient knowledge of Wage & Hour, DOL, IRS pay requirement
• Proficient key boarding skills
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to take instructions
• Proficient in time management skills
• Prefer 5 years payroll processing
• High School Diploma required
• Payroll Certification preferred not required