Job Opportunity – HR Manager with A&W Restaurants in Lexington, KY
Are you an experienced, hands-on, well-rounded HR Manager who thrives on leading the overall culture, value, and performance of an organization? If yes, we want to speak to you about our position!
As the HR Manager, you will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function. You will have responsibility over core HR processes and tasks including, but not limited to, benefits administration, performance management, recruiting, training, and compliance. You will serve as the subject-matter expert and will own human resources duties and assist in the development, creation, and documentation of company policies and procedures. This position reports to the VP, Finance & Human Resources and will also:
- Proactively advise the leadership team of employment law and governmental regulation changes that affect the business.
- Update the employee handbook and draft policies.
- Maintain a strong, competitive employment brand and superb candidate experience through full ownership of recruiting, onboarding, and new hire orientation processes.
- Conduct or help identify annual trainings (harassment, workplace violence, discrimination), provide coaching to supervisors, and recommend other trainings as part of development or performance management.
- Own Performance Management and performance review processes.
- Prepare agency reports, such as EEO-1, BLS surveys, and ad hoc requests.
- Serve as Plan Administrator for the 401k plan.
- Oversee open enrollment and benefits administration.
- Manage Leave of Absence and FMLA requests and cases.
- Manage workers’ compensation and unemployment claims and attend hearings as necessary.
- Help draft development and succession plans.
- Responsible for full offboarding process; conduct exit interviews and make suggestions for severance packages/agreements.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with Team Members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and a minimum 5-8 years of related experience.
- HR certification preferred.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite and HRIS management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presenting to groups.
- Recruiting/talent acquisition experience preferred.
A&W Restaurants, Inc., America’s first restaurant chain to turn 100, is one of the country’s best-known and most beloved restaurants. Its original craft Root Beer, still handmade fresh in-house with real cane sugar, water and a proprietary blend of herbs, bark, spices and berries and served in a frosty mug, made its debut on June 20, 1919. A&W All American Food® is served quickly at affordable prices.
To learn more about us, visit our website:
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to the continued growth, development, and success of its employees? Apply online at https://grnh.se/ed4626f63us or email your resume and salary requirements to Job@strategicHRinc.com. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.