Career Opportunity: Human Resource Generalist with Basco in Mason, OH
Do you describe yourself as a self-motivated, go-getter with a passion for developing and supporting others? Are you a hands-on, well-rounded HR professional looking to make an impact on the productivity and success of an organization? If so, we want to speak with you about this opportunity!
Since 1955, Basco has been designing and fabricating custom shower doors and shower enclosures. Basco’s approach centers around their commitment to customer care, craftsmanship and quality. We are consistently rated number one in quality and brand preference. Basco’s strategic operational footprint across the US allows us to be faster and more flexible than our competition. At the same time, we provide the feel of a local business to each customer, thanks to our heritage and operational excellence.
As the Human Resource Generalist, you will support the Human Resource needs of approximately 300 employees located in three (3) manufacturing plants. Duties include processing payroll, driving the hiring of quality candidates and employees, implementing Company policies and procedures, administration of employee benefits, and compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
Some responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinates, confirms, and transmits all payroll including employees at remote locations.
- Communicates HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Coordinates the Benefit Programs & enrollment, including working with broker.
- Maintains HRIS.
- Full life cycle recruiting and developing a strong pipeline of hourly talent in a manufacturing environment.
- Engaging the team and effectively managing employee relations.
- Maintains compliance of requirements for a variety of laws.
- Coordinates employee recognition programs and semi-annual bonus programs.
- Ensuring compliance and making recommendations for system improvements.
- Providing a wide range of HR support and problem resolution.
- Driving initiatives that support the advancement of new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Improving processes that contribute to our company’s ability to grow and perform.
Requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 4-5 years of HR experience working in a manufacturing environment with hourly associates.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Payroll processing prefer Paycom experience.
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral.
- Full life cycle recruiting experience.
- Proficient computer skills; experience with Microsoft products, payroll software, and 401(k) systems.
- Understanding of Applicant Tracking Systems and HRIS systems integration.
- Solid understanding of COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, ADA, ACA, EEO, Worker’s Comp, Dept of Labor and related state and federal regulations required.
- Ability to travel as needed – 10 – 15%.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity, please apply today! or send your resume and salary requirements to Job@strategicHRinc.com.
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications, please.