The Opportunity – Why we need you!
We are seeking a full-time Recruiter in the greater Cincinnati, Ohio area. This position is located in our beautiful headquarters in downtown Cincinnati. Burke offers a flexible work environment with employees working fully on-site, fully remote, and in hybrid arrangements. This means our HR team is supporting employees in both the in-person and virtual environment. In this role you will partner with others on the HR team as well as managers and business leaders throughout the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with hiring managers to fully understand staffing needs, develop proactive recruiting strategies to find and evaluate the best candidates, and coordinate the process from the start through final interviews and offers until the new hire is on board.
- Write job descriptions, postings, and advertisements
- Proactively search for top candidates through networking, online searches, and reaching out to the right places and people, all while creating interest and selling our company.
- Interview prospects by phone and in-person, fully evaluating capabilities, fit, and potential so you can make appropriate recommendations.
- Coordinate all interviews, on-site visits, and testing; document all feedback and update candidate records; provide timely and professional communication with all candidates.
- Provide status updates of efforts and needs.
- Maintain our network of connections with colleges and universities; coordinate college recruiting efforts.
- Work with outside recruiting/staffing firms as needed.
- Manage and maintain our applicant tracking system (Taleo).
- Work with Burke’s Marketing team to develop and update promotional materials, including items to share on Burke’s LinkedIn and social media accounts.
- Other HR projects as needs arise.
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS degree in human resources or a related field AND 3+ years of experience recruiting candidates for professional-level positions in a corporate environment.
- Proven track-record of full-scale hiring with long-term retention as the goal with the best possible match for new hires’ objectives and the Company’s need.
- Experience with recruiting at colleges and building relationships with professors and career services staff.
- Compassion, exceptional communications skills, creativity, attention to detail.
- An agile mindset and a willingness to jump in to help where needed.
- A full understanding and application of relevant employment laws and human resources best practices
It’s never only about the work we do – Burke’s dynamic culture offers a well-rounded experience for you to grow and give back. You can join in with us as we partner with local organizations each year to give back to our community with on-going gifts and volunteering roles. Have fun while at work with monthly planned on-site and off-site activities where employees mingle, relax, and have fun together! Thinking more about your career development? Learn from others in the company with on-the-job training and be a part of creating a development plan customized to you. We also provide top-notch benefits, paid time-off, paid holidays, a 401(k) with a match, and more. As an employee-owned company, Burke offers free company stock through our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) so that you will share in the financial success of the company.
As part of our hiring process, Burke conducts a criminal background check on all potential employees. You may be asked to provide additional information for that purpose. (A conviction does not necessarily bar an applicant from employment.) Burke is an Equal Opportunity Employer.