Burke, Inc. (www.burke.com), founded in 1931, is one of the world’s leading marketing research companies providing research, innovation, and guidance to many top Fortune companies helping them to grow their products and services. Our clients are in all industries from healthcare, CPG, technology, restaurants, and more.
The Opportunity – Why we need you!
We continue to grow, which is why we are adding a new position within our Human Resources team. We are seeking a Full-Time HR Operations Manager in the greater Cincinnati OH area. This position is located in Our beautiful HQ located in downtown Cincinnati. We have a hybrid work environment, with employees working partly at home and partly in the office, but offer and support in the office every day as well. In this role you will report to the VP of HR, partner with others in HR, managers and business leaders in the organization, and serve all employees, working in Cincinnati or elsewhere in the United States.
How you will have an impact:
- Manage a team of 2-3 HR Professionals
- Streamline and improve HR systems and processes to enable scale, increase efficiency, provide consistent documentation, and minimize risk; recommend and implement new HR systems or platforms as identified and needed
- Develop and/or update HR policies and procedures ensuring consistent procedures and communications
- Demonstrate an understanding of HR best practices and employment and legal compliance matters through ongoing consultation with managers and employees.
- Lead company initiatives that relate to employee experience/culture
- Support diversity, equity, inclusion, ensuring Burke is delivering a workplace where every member of our team feels able to do their best work and be their true selves
- Set the tone and service level for HR Operational functions, modeling the desired employee experience
- Lead by doing and example, owning some administrative tasks as well as jumping in to cover wherever needed as a team member in a small, agile HR department
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree AND 4+ years of experience in human resources
- Proven ability to build and improve HR systems and processes enabling quality reporting and metrics
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and HR practices
- A positive, self-starter, used to working collaboratively in a hybrid work environment with technology including Zoom, MS Teams, or other methods of online collaboration
Of course, it’s not all about work though! There are always opportunities to get involved with whatever interests you – from events and socializing, volunteering, to joining in wellness initiatives. We also offer competitive pay and bonuses, generous health insurance, wellness and PTO benefits, free parking, and an onsite gym. As an employee-owned company, we give all employees stock and ownership in the company. We think it’s a special place – check us out!