Are you passionate about aligning people and organizational values and have the skills to confidently manage a broad range of responsibilities? Do you have experience overseeing the daily functions of an HR department in a sensitive and caring manner? Would people describe you as a good communicator, detail-oriented and genuinely helpful? Are you a driver of company culture? If so, this could be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
We are seeking an interpersonal leader to lead the Human Resources department for a Cincinnati-based manufacturer. This Human Resources Manager will report to the President/CEO and will be responsible for designing and leading HR practices and objectives that will create a high-performance culture that prides itself on quality, productivity, high standards, and goal attainment. This individual will also aid the Leadership Team in matters of company-wide and public communication.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Departmental development
- Onboarding and training
- Performance management and improvement systems
- Policy implementation
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Employment law and reporting compliance
- Employee safety and wellness
- Company-wide employee communication
- Formulation of recruiting plans and strategies
- Enhancement of the company’s voice and presence as an employer of choice via both online and offline channels
- Administer HR plans and procedures for all employees, including develop and implement company policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbooks/manuals.
- Serve as a resource to the Leadership Team, and department heads in matters of hiring, training, performance evaluation, outplacement, and regulatory compliance.
- Participate in the development of departmental and company-wide business objectives.
- Assist with employee training system including training needs assessments, new employee orientation, any necessary cross-training, and measurement of training impact.
- Monitor performance evaluation program and revise, as necessary.
- Perform compensation and benefits administration, including resolution of claims, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program; file EE0-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Handle employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and interview procedures.
- Recommend and implement practices that establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote high levels of employee morale and motivation.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve departmental efficiency and company services.
- Maintain HR information system records and compile reports from the database.
- Comply with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Shape and protect company image in ways that promote the business, its culture, values, and mission.
- Assist in the resolution of disputes with the public or employees. Present solutions in the face of PR crises.
Flexible Combinations of Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field and 2-4 years of HR experience
- Master’s degree plus 1-2 years of experience
- Seven years of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of effective interpersonal communication and coaching skills