Are you energized by helping your team achieve personal and business success? Do you lead with vision and strategy? And do you have at least 10 years of experience leading HR projects focused on talent, succession, and organizational design? This job could be a great fit for you.
Our client is the leading independent sales and merchandising organization providing food manufacturers with headquarter selling, analytics, sales administration, and retail store services. They work with over 500 manufacturers, including numerous well-known brands that you very likely have in your kitchen. This highly successful company is seeking an experienced Human Resources Director to lead their HR department.
The organization’s HR team, in conjunction with business leadership, has developed and is implementing, an ambitious set of projects focused on streamlined on-boarding, associate development, leadership succession and organizational design. Internal momentum and receptivity for HR transformation is very high.
The HR Director will report to the CFO and CAO; will work from Cincinnati, OH, and will require up to 25% travel.
Essential Job Duties
- Partner with the leadership team to formulate, develop, implement and evaluate a HR and talent management strategy to achieve the organization’s vision, mission and goals, as well as create value to its stakeholders.
- Oversee recruitment efforts, with a focus on anticipating staffing needs and ensuring that the organization is effectively and efficiently sourcing and selecting the right candidates.
- Develop and drive talent management strategies to ensure effective staffing alignment with the needs of the business. Create systems to attract talent, identify critical talent needs, develop core competencies and corresponding development opportunities, and engage leadership in succession planning.
- Identify ways to increase associate retention and productivity; including strategies to enhance employee engagement, leadership and associate development; regular feedback and coaching, career pathing, and promoting a coherent organizational culture.
- Lead the effective and efficient administration of the performance management process, making sure that the organization’s managers are equipped to engage in constructive, ongoing and development-oriented feedback and coaching; collaborate effectively when co-managing associate, and encourage associate to actively participate in identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Mitigate legal risk to the organization through proactive training and education, clear systems and processes for managing conflicts with and between employees, handling and investigating complaints of harassment/discrimination and other unjust practice allegations.
- Maintain current knowledge and application of all relevant laws and regulations at the local, state and national level relating to employment and ensure organizational compliance. This includes educating and advising managers and senior leaders on HR-related legal and regulatory matters and ensuring HR programs, practices and policies are aligned. Ensure that employee files and records are properly and securely maintained.
- Lead and develop a team of four associates.
Education/Experience/Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 10+ years of experience leading visionary and strategic HR transformation projects, focused on talent, succession and organizational design
- 3+ years’ experience in a HR leadership and managerial role with demonstrated success of helping her/his team achieve personal and business success
- HRCI or SHRM certification a plus
More details HERE