Under the supervision of the Director of HR, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the daily tasks associated with the “front desk” of the HR department, consisting primarily of administrative responsibilities related to candidate pre-employment, employee files, filing, new employee on-boarding, and general administrative support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
· Responsible for submitting appropriate pre-employment checks, including licensure, OIG, driving record, verification of education, reference checks, etc. and notifying hiring manager of results. Will work with the appropriate HR staff to coordinate.
· Conducts fingerprinting and maintains fingerprint log. Tracks status and outcomes and escalates stalled screens and questionable outcomes as appropriate.
· Prepares new hire paperwork packets and coordinates drug-testing, physical and TB requirements for all new hires.
· Schedules new hires for orientation and assembles new employee files.
· Performs filing on a consistent and timely basis to include scanning file documents into the HRIS system. Maintains employee files accurately and to the standards of the organization.
· Supports Employee Recognition Programs throughout the organization including service year anniversaries, department recognition, and on-the-spot recognition.
· Updates HR information on employee intranet site as well as the employee cell phone app.
· Provides general administrative support to Human Resources department. Assumes “overflow” responsibilities in other areas of HR as needed.
· All other duties as assigned and/or appropriate to the position.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School diploma; Bachelors degree preferred.
Licenses or other required certifications: None
Experience: Previous experience in HR experience helpful; at least 1 year in an HR support or administrative support role strongly preferred
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities:
· Computer literate with in-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products.
· Employee must be depended upon for their confidentiality and discretion as they will have access/exposure to information and data that is sensitive in nature.
· Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
· Must be organized and detail oriented. Must have the ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.