Career Opportunity: Director of Human Resources with Galerie in Hebron, KY
Are you a hands-on, well-rounded HR professional who thrives on leading the overall culture, values, and performance of an organization? Do you have experience working in a creative-focused organization? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
As the Director of Human Resources with Galerie, you will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies and activities of HR ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee Recruitment, Administrative, and Building staff
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Coordinate and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organizations human resource compliance and strategy needs
- Administer or oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Lead staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management. Support Temporary Staffing Manager with any relevant needs.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management
- Facilitate professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree preferred.
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now or related system required.
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
GALERIE® provides outstanding customer service while delivering fresh, innovative confectionery gifts of the highest quality and value. We are a design-driven enterprise, bringing more than 1,200 items to retailers every year. In addition to the Galerie brand, our licensed product lines include Disney, Star Wars, Hershey, Hello Kitty, Hot Wheels, Peppa Pig, Marvel and Warner Brothers. Our extensive seasonal and everyday offerings are perfect to give and receive!
We offer a very competitive base salary and a full benefits package including health insurance, life, dental and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Of equal importance, we provide the opportunity to do breakthrough work and professional challenges to keep you excited and engaged every day.
To learn more about Galerie visit our website and LinkedIn page:
If you are looking for a great career opportunity with a profitable company experiencing significant growth, apply online at https://grnh.se/852d3b813us or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.