Gold Medal is proud to be awarded Best Place to Work in Cincy Magazine’s 2020 Manny Awards.
For over 90 years, Gold Medal has been a leader in the concession industry for both equipment and supplies including popcorn, cotton candy, Sno-Kones and much more.
Due to our continued growth, we are searching for a Human Resources/Safety Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the VP Human Resources, the HR/Safety Manager will provide strategic and hands on Human Resource support with a focus on safety at our corporate and branch locations.
- Provides day-to-day support on employee relations issues, performance behavior, talent acquisition, policies and procedures for the corporate offices and branch employees.
- Manages the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by eliminating hazards, training employees, and promoting safety awareness.
- Develops training for employees on health and safety regulations and associated practices in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Leads and mentors safety teams including monthly meetings.
- Reviews for effectiveness the deployed safety guidelines and revises to ensure continual improvement.
- Evaluates and acts upon new environmental & safety regulations.
- Primary contact for regulatory agencies such as OSHA for inspections, permitting, and reporting.
- Manages and administers the Worker’s Compensation claims process for the corporate headquarters and branch locations.
- Ensures compliance with OSHA guidelines and performs incident investigations on all work-related injuries, near misses and accidents.
- Partners with Unemployment TPA to manage unemployment related expenses.
- Tracks and reports on monthly, quarterly and annual attendance metrics for the facility.
- Manages DOT/FMCSA processes for corporate and branch locations.
- Completes ongoing projects as assigned
- At least 5-7 years of progressive human resources experience, preferably in manufacturing and food production with a focus on safety.
- Good computer skills including HR systems (ADP) and MS Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels both internally and externally.
- The ability to analyze problems and make independent judgments to initiate corrective action or resolution.
- The ability to work with and maintain information of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work independently and work as a value add to the divisional team function.
- PHR / SHRM-CP Certification preferred.
- OSHA 10/ OSHA 30 certificate preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- We offer an excellent work/life balance and a strong benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short term disability, long-term disability and a matching 401k.