At Grey Midwest, we’re a highly collaborative team backed by the support of a global agency. We’re into solving clients’ toughest problems. We think data inspires creativity, and that’s how we tackle every project.
You’ll like it here if you’re interested in taking risks, trying something new, and taking your work further. We don’t want people to stay in their lane, we want them to lead, grow, and speak up. And have fun while they do it.
Grey Midwest is looking for a Talent Specialist to join our Talent Team and build it into a center of excellence within the agency.
The Talent Specialist is responsible for living by and evangelizing Grey’s values and vision. She/He is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, thinks of challenges as puzzles to solve and is customer-centric. This role includes interview coordination, full cycle recruiting, onboarding, and projects centered around creating an amazing candidate and employee experience.
This is a great opportunity for Recruiter with 3-4 years’ experience seeking to develop into an HR Generalist.
• Full cycle recruiting for Agency roles of all levels to obtain the best and brightest talent for Grey Midwest. Manage coordination process for candidates to ensure a positive experience, scheduling candidate interviews, uploading resumes to our applicant tracking system, providing status updates on and to candidates, and documenting reference and background checks.
• Manages coordination process including scheduling candidate interviews with hiring teams. Track status of candidates in the interview process and report status updates to Talent Director.
• Own onsite and virtual experience for candidates. Be the point of contact, keeping interviews on track. Source prospective talent for open positions, both full-time and contract. Create and maintain a pipeline of talent for future roles.
• Manage job postings to various internal and external sites; maintain the ATS system (Taleo), including reporting and data accuracy.
• Stay current on recruiting trends, sourcing techniques, and collaborate on best practices with internal talent acquisition team.
• Drive talent acquisition initiatives such as the internship program.
• Represent the agency at industry events, meet-ups, conferences, etc.
• Provide accurate and timely data management of all employee records. Create and process personnel action forms including transfers, separations, promotions, hires, etc., on a timely basis. Obtain signatures/approvals from Finance and send all paperwork to Payroll.
• Coordinate the new hire onboarding process. Present new hire Onboarding sessions, collect new hire paperwork and review for accuracy, proactively update Onboarding materials as needed, and make recommendations for changes/improvements to the process and programs. Serve as key contact for new hires for all onboarding inquiries.
• Bring forward innovative ideas and suggest process improvements and efficiencies to keep the department running smoothly.
• Assist with planning and executing company and department-wide social, networking, campus, and business-related events.
• 3+ years of experience. Experience in Ad Agency or Marketing environment a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and experience with Applicant Tracking Systems. Taleo experience a plus.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Exceptional integrity, self-motivated demeanor, and proven track record thriving in fast-paced environments.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines with excellence in prioritizing urgent matters.
• Organized and detail-oriented is a must.
• Resourceful, able to work independently and take initiative to anticipate and respond to employee/HR team needs.
• Ability to navigate an organization to find the right solution and know when to raise issues to manager for guidance.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees at all levels.
• Ability to handle and resolve confidential and sensitive issues with empathy.
• Knowledge of general human resource practices.
• HR/Recruiting Experience in a Marketing, Agency, or Retail corporate environment a huge plus.
*Position is remote until January 10, 2022 at which time it is set to convert to a hybrid schedule (3 x 2)
Grey provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential in a fun work environment.