Job Opportunity – HR Manager with GroundSystems in Cincinnati, OH
Are you a hands-on, well-rounded HR Manager who thrives on leading the overall culture, value, and performance of an organization? Are you a roll-up-your-sleeves, “can do” type of person? If yes, we want to speak to you about our position!
As the HR Manager, you will be directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources function. You will have responsibility over core HR processes and tasks. You will serve as the subject-matter expert, and will own human resources duties and assist in the development, creation, documentation and management of company policies and procedures, in alignment with corporate values and operational needs including, but not limited to payroll and benefits administration, recruiting, and employee relations. Other responsibilities of the position include:
- Identify staff vacancies and support hiring managers with recruitment, interviewing, and selecting applicants.
- Manage applicant tracking process and systems.
- Manage the new hire process and onboarding processes with support from HR Administrator and hiring manager.
- Evaluate and maintain corporate mission, vision, values, and company culture. Survey, measure temperature, and report on general health of culture.
- Create, implement, and monitor employee retention program with support from operations.
- Articulate opportunities for change initiatives that will positively influence business operations and results.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization’s compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Administer performance review process and serve as a guide for company’s managers.
- Administer employee benefits programs.
- Coordinate or conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the President, on personnel matters.
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development for the organization.
- Maintain a human resource information system that meets the organization’s personnel information needs.
- Track and manage PTO and time off system, with support from HR Administrator.
- Supervise the staff of the human resource department.
- Participate on committees and special projects and seek additional responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be a high-energy self-starter with the ability to work seamlessly with team members of all departments and levels. Other requirements of this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and four to 10 years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office suite and HRIS management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting to groups.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Recruiting/talent acquisition experience preferred.
GroundSystems is a full-service commercial landscaping partner that looks out for your property year-round. We are committed to providing the region’s best, most reliable service. We’d like to think this is why 97% of our customers stick with us year after year.
To learn more about us, visit our website:
Are you ready to join a strong team committed to consistent quality, working together, and creating innovation to exceed our clients’ high standards? Apply online at https://grnh.se/87bc55b83us or email your resume and salary requirements to Job@strategicHRinc.com. Be part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications, please.