About Us : Grove started as an idea between three friends talking in a spare bedroom in San Francisco who asked the question: What if it was easy to find healthier home essentials? Consumer packaged goods are notoriously hard on the environment. These are products we all use every day – hand soap, dish soap, cleaning supplies, shampoo, paper towels, etc. These products come at an environmental cost, both in how they are made and how they are packaged.
Grove is out to change that. We believe that the products we use at home can actually do good for people and the planet. In order to make this vision a reality, we create unique, sustainable natural home and personal care brands and products, and we sell them alongside a curated selection of eco-friendly 3rd party brands through our Grove website. Every product we sell meets strict standards for being healthy, effective, sustainable, and cruelty-free. We also lead our industry in sustainability commitments, including becoming 100% plastic-free by 2025.
Summary: Our growing team is looking for a Human Resources professional to support People Experience at Grove. This role will be the primary support for the Operations and People Experience teams at the Elizabethtown Fulfillment Center, providing both tactical and strategic support and managing a small team on-site. Success in the role requires an influential partnership with Leaders to execute People Strategy that fosters organizational and people effectiveness.
What you will do (Essential Responsibilities):
● Build a partnership with the on-site GM, Director Fulfillment, to create a high-performance team and drive a high-performance culture.
● Represent People Experience team as the primary on-site HR partner responsible for supporting a growing warehouse of 300+ team members.
● Teach, coach, and promote Grove Culture and values.
● Directly manage local People Experience team to handle daily HR issues.
● Ensure a welcoming and high-touch employee engagement experience with timely communication and following up with outcomes.
● Track and maintain leave of absence, workers compensation, OSHA reporting.
● Own all People practices for the location.
● Collaborate closely with the Talent Acquisition team on policy and process.
● Partner with operations management on employee relations and employee development.
● Work closely with Team Member committees on safety and employee engagement.
● Team up with local counsel on compliance requirements such as harassment training, local posting notices, and escalations.
● Work with other members of the greater Grove People Team to help craft and build out policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
● At least 8 – 10 years of Human Resources experience with at least 2 years of experience as a Generalist. Experience in a fast-paced fulfillment, retail, eCommerce, or manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
● At least 2 years of experience managing or supervising a team.
● Solid knowledge of Local, State, and Federal labor laws.
● Experience with supporting multiple internal client groups and an employee population of high volume non-exempt and salary.
● SHRM-CP or similar certification a plus.
● Strong computer skills using HRIS, ATS, and on-boarding. Solid skills working with spreadsheets or Google docs and Google sheets. Familiarity with BambooHR (on-boarding), Lever (ATS), and ADP (payroll HRIS) a plus.
● Bi-lingual in Spanish would be una muy buena ventaja!
What you bring to our team:
● A positive service delivery attitude as a company ambassador and employee advocate.
● A servant leadership approach to your direct reports and the fulfillment center’s leadership team.
● Self-motivated to work independently to solve problems and create solutions to new or complex challenges.
● Strong customer management skills, sound judgment with the ability to build trust with employees, leadership teams, and colleagues at other Grove locations.
● Approachable with outstanding communication skills.
● An attitude of flexibility, adaptability, and openness to change.
What’s in it for you:
● Competitive compensation and benefits – medical, vision, dental, and commuter benefits.
● Stock options — shared success is core to our mission.
● Quiet office space with the Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Operations leadership teams.
● Flexible Paid Time Off — we care most about results.
● Free VIP membership and 25% employee discount.
● Working for a company that believes that a small group of people can change the world for the better by creating products and funds initiatives that help the planet!
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. These include frequent loud sounds, dust, and seasonal varying temperatures commonly found in distribution center workspaces. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.