Job Title: Workplace Culture and Compensation Specialist
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio/ Hybrid Remote
Your Benefits of Working for Hamilton County!
- Flexible Work Options
- Starting Pay: $ 59,405 annually.
- Generous Paid Time Off: 11 Paid Holidays, three weeks of vacation in the first year, immediately being accruing paid sick time, and paid parental leave.
- Ohio Public Employee Retirement System which includes 14% Employer Contribution AND a defined benefit option.
- Highly Competitive and Comprehensive Benefits Package: Medical, HRA, Dental, Vision, Employer-Paid Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Eligibility, Wellness Incentives, robust Employee Assistance Program, access to Free Medical and Rx through Marathon Health, plus expansive Behavioral and Mental Health Resources, and More!
We serve the residents of Hamilton County in more ways than you may realize! The Workplace Culture and Compensation Specialist is an exciting new role with the opportunity to implement and execute programming having a direct positive impact on our workforce through the implementation of employee recognition and engagement activities, as well as maintenance of the County’s classification and compensation plan.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop, implement and promote HR programs that reinforce the County’s commitment to our Core Values and support the County’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) initiatives. This role is a great fit for an individual with the knack for building relationships, the curiosity to dive into data to help define the issues, and the creativity to deliver impactful programs.
This is a hybrid remote opportunity. Hybrid work available following completion of initial training insofar that the efficacy of the role is maintained.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Actively supports and promote HR initiatives and compensation practices to assure a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive workplace culture.
- Administers employee engagement and recognition initiatives and the applicable software and associated programs.
- Recommends and implements programs in support of the County’s Core Values and DEIB initiatives.
- Maintains the County Classification Plan and conduct position audits.
- Advises department leadership in the development and revision of position descriptions and classifications.
- Maintains the table of organization.
- Evaluates compensation practices, pay grade assignment, and evaluates the FLSA status of positions.
- Develop communication plans in partnership with Media and Engagement and Human Resources teams.
- Monitors and tracks compensation, employee engagement and recognition programming. Uses data-driven decision making to recommend programming and changes.
- Prepares for and informs leadership of committee work. Plans, develops, and recommends program policies and procedures, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management/personnel administration or related field
- three (3) years related experience
- must be able to apply this knowledge to practical work situations through effective human relations skills
- or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Work Location and Hours:
- 138 East Court St. Cincinnati, Oh. 45202 / Hybrid Remote Work Opportunity
- 40 Hour Work Week, generally between core hours of 7:30-5:30
Deadline to Apply:
September 21, 2023
Be part of our Team! We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a second-chance employer and a recovery friendly workplace.