Job Opportunity – HR Coordinator with Hilltop Companies in Northern, KY
Are you a hands-on HR professional who has a strong attention to detail? Do you enjoy working in all areas of HR? Are you a highly organized administrative professional with strong communication skills? If so, we want to speak with you about our position!
As the HR Coordinator, you will contribute to the accomplishment of the day-to-day operations within the Human Resources office. You will manage the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs as well as carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting and onboarding, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), benefits, and compensation.
Additional responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process by screening prospective employees, monitoring our ATS, post jobs to internal and external sites, schedule and attend career fairs, and work alongside employment agencies.
- Provide support in all areas of HR and manage employee records, which includes but is not limited to, answering phones, responding to emails, preparing materials, shredding, filing, etc.
- Represent Human Resources effectively and professionally when interacting with internal and external customers. Provide top notch customer service in all forms of communication (i.e., in person, phone, email).
- Manage and coordinate duties within and related to the onboarding process such as pre-employment requirements, new hire paperwork, and NHO.
- Develop an understanding of the department’s operations as well as the company’s policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements, keeping employee records up to date always.
- Assist with employee recognition initiatives that foster a great corporate culture, including managing the employee referral program.
- Perform internal compliance and audits to include I-9, Pre-Employment Drug Screens, Background
- Checks, DOT required documents, EEOC, etc.
- Create and update department SOP’s around compliance, recruiting and onboarding.
- Prepare all correspondence as it pertains to recruiting and onboarding.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by the Director of Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or GED required; 1-3 years HR experience, SHRM-CP a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Paylocity a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to be able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and executives within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, anticipate needs of the department and manager, and eager to take on new challenges.
- Ability to be able to prioritize, handle conflicting priorities, and remain calm under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment.
For more than 80 years, Hilltop has served the construction materials industry. The Hilltop story has always been one of dedication to quality and customer service, along with strong ties to family and community. From mining Limestone, Sand, and Gravel to producing Ready Mixed Concrete, our journey would not be possible without the hard work and dedication of our employees over the years.
To learn more about our culture and the products and services that we provide, please visit our website:
Be a part of our future! Apply online at https://grnh.se/ae7fb8e53us or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.