Note: The focus of our search will be for candidates in the Lexington KY regional area. We open to candidates in the Northern Kentucky area willing to travel to Eastern Kentucky sites on a regular basis.
Travel expected: 50% of time.
LION Group, Inc. is a global leader in the provision of protective gear, uniforms, training equipment, and training centers for firefighters and first responders in all parts of the world. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, LION is a family-owned company that dates back over 125 years. With a foundation of core beliefs and values, LION is committed to keeping first responders and military personnel safer and better prepared through customized protective solutions. LION’s clients are located in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
If you thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic organization where the company’s mission and purpose is to keep people safe, this could be an outstanding opportunity for you.
LION HR is filling this key member of their Leadership Team based in the surrounding Lexington KY area. The focus of the position will be to serve as the lead Senior HR Business Partner to build, optimize, and execute on HR Generalist duties such talent acquisition, safety, human capital planning, employee relations and employee retention/engagement in Eastern Kentucky, Dayton and Wisconsin Operations.
This position will support our West Liberty KY Operations with 270 manufacturing employees, our Hazel Green KY Operations with 200 employees (combination of manufacturing and distribution) and the Beattyville KY Operations with 90 manufacturing employees. In addition, this position will support our Dayton Ohio operations with approximately 90 employees and Berlin, Wisconsin with 25 employees. This position will be expected to travel at least 50% of the time between the three Kentucky locations (primary focus of travel) and the Dayton location to meet the requirements of the role.
In addition, this position will work collaboratively with the Corporate HR Shared Services team (Payroll, Benefits & HRIS), Operational Site Plant Manager, and with our Payroll/HR vendor (UKG). This position will have 3 direct reports in each plant location with each having one HR/payroll administrative positions that serve as the day-to-y HR business partner for their respective site.
This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, partner closely with the Vice President, Operations and work closely & collaboratively with the balance of the global HR team. The successful candidate will be as comfortable communicating and engaging with senior leaders, Plant Managers as our front-line manufacturing workers.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- An exciting “mission-based” company that, at its core, literally saves lives.
- An expectation to take initiative and develop creative business-partner solutions.
- The opportunity to be part of a strong HR team that works closely together to support the entire organization.
- A family-based culture with a commitment to work/life balance.
- Commitment and support from the company and LION leadership team
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree with 7 to 10 years of senior HR Business Partner experience in supporting multi-site manufacturing & distribution locations
- SPHR certification(s) and/or graduate degree a plus
- Ability to collaborate and partner with Sr. VP, HR and the VP, Operations in the development and implementation of innovative HR strategies withing our KY and OH Manufacturing locations
- Experience in driving and implementing Safety training and culture across the operations
- Experience in implementing key retention programs with data drive results in the area of turnover and engagement survey score trends
- Partner with other HR business partners, middle management, and senior leadership, in providing best in class HR/business recommendations. Design, implement, and administer competitive HR/business programs and policies.
- Ability to train and influence Plant Managers and Supervisors in key supervisor skills to ensure we maintain and key talent retention culture.
- Collect relevant HR data and use HR analytics to draw meaningful conclusions about the organization that can be acted upon by the HR Team and other leaders across the Company.
- A strong communicator who is empathetic and articulate in various ways of communication.
- Adaptive to change and comfortable with ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly collaborative and approachable at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Oversee other HR-related projects and tasks as needed.
- Strong attention to detail and technically proficient in strategic HR Generalist duties