Human Resources Generalist / HR Generalist
JBM Packaging, has earned the 2022 Top Workplaces USA award, issued by Energage, a purpose-driven organization that develops solutions to build and brand Top Workplaces. The Top Workplaces program has a 15-year history of surveying more than 20 million employees, recognizing the top organizations across 60 markets for regional awards.
- Do you have a passion for working for a Purpose driven organization with a strong culture anchored in Core Values?
- Do you believe individuals deserve a fair chance or a second chance for meaningful
employment regardless of their background or experience?
- Do you enjoy strategizing ways to increase team member engagement?
- Do you believe in creating next level onboarding and orientation experiences?
- Do you embody honesty and integrity? Do you base your decisions off “what is the right thing to do?” and “what is best for the team?”?
- Do you consider yourself to be intellectually curious with a strong desire to learn how things work?
- Do you naturally seek opportunities to improve processes?
- Do you have a keen eye for detail and strong ability to stay organized?
- Do you love working with people and learning their unique strengths?
- Do you feel fueled by operating in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment?
If you’re shouting ‘yes’ and smiling right now, you might be the right Human Resources Generalist for JBM Packaging.
JBM Packaging is on a growth trajectory. We plan to increase our staff by over 30% over the next
few years. A robust candidate pipeline and an engaged workforce is critical to reach our goals.
Reporting to the Director of Human Capital and Culture, the ideal candidate will possess a thorough understanding of both the operational and strategic side of the business. Other vital skills include well-honed organizational abilities, a high degree of professional ethics and sense of fairness and the ability to work with individuals at all levels. Flexibility is extremely important as an HR Generalist must rapidly shift from one HR function to another, depending on the situation. They must also have excellent decision-making capabilities and approach tough conversations in a direct, yet empathetic way. This individual will be the main point of contact for new hires and team members on all HR related topics.
THIS JOB IS A FIT FOR YOU IF
- You can fully embrace and live our Core Values: Collaboration, Grit, Growth Mindset, Innovation, Passion for a Better World, and Ownership.
- You are not constrained by traditional HR/personnel approaches. You think beyond conventional ways and approach big problems with fresh and innovative solutions.
- You are process and continuous improvement focused. Once a standard is defined, you will follow the standard, until a better way is identified through focused continuous improvement efforts.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with aggressive targets.
- You communicate clearly in all forms and with contagious enthusiasm.
- You quickly establish authentic personal relationships with people from diverse and varied backgrounds.
- You thrive with big and challenging goals. You can break down big goals into smaller pieces and get all the pieces lined up to support achieving it.
- You are a good judge of talent and character.
- You get excited by the opportunity to positively impact the lives of each team member and the culture of the organization.
- You want to work for a company whose Vision is to be the role model of a purpose driven, profitable company. The thought of being able to help fulfill JBM’s Purpose of “Better Solutions, Better Lives, Better World” inspires and excites you. You believe in 2nd chances and would love to be a part of providing reformed citizens an opportunity to create a better life for themselves and their families.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to Results, Processes and People are extremely important.
- Passionate about creating a positive, smooth onboarding process for new hires.
- Strategize ways to streamline processes and make them more efficient.
- Effectively communicate with new hires to ensure all onboarding steps are completed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition Specialists to support with posting ads, sourcing, interviewing, and recruiting candidates.
- Ability to quickly adapt and be flexible with changing responsibilities.
A TYPICAL DAY MIGHT INCLUDE THESE ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Oversee new hire onboarding function including create offer letters, educate on JBM benefits and perks, add new hire to appropriate internal software/systems, coordinate background checks and drug screens, coordinate first day detail with new hire and internal team members to ensure a smooth first day.
- Oversee and uplevel JBM’s new hire Orientation experience and ensure team member is set up for success.
- Assist leadership with employee complaints/conflict resolution issues, attendance, disciplinary action, and ensure proper documentation.
- Serve as an HR point of contact with team members, including assisting with JBM policy
and procedure questions, time off, employee relations, Paycor questions, etc. with
- Create, update and oversee job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Support the external recruiting function by assisting in job posting, assessments, phone screens, face-to-face interviews, and job fairs.
- Manage internal department moves within JBM following standard process.
- Review and reinforce company policies to ensure compliance and oversee handbook revisions and publication.
- Create and continually update employee files.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze data to make actional recommendations based on feedback.
- Manage team member referral program.
- Find creative ways to simplify current HR processes.
- Organize electronic and paper documents to ensure quick and easy accessibility.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Collaborate with the HR team in key workforce development or engagement programs or initiatives.
- Gather and analyze critical HR-related metrics and make recommendations for process or program improvements.
- Set up and provide hospitality for group training/development programs.
- Assist in ad-hoc HR projects (employee surveys, celebrations, recognition events)
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other productivity software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- 4+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Confident and polished HR professional who has a high degree of optimism, genuinely enjoys connecting and working closely with our team members, and who places high value on integrity and ethics.
- Strong conflict management skills to ensure we are actively listening to different perspectives and resolving issues appropriately.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills including prioritization, time management, and meeting deadlines, and can quickly and efficiently adapt to disruption and competing priorities.
- Competent with Intermediate Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Manufacturing Experience
- Experience operating within Paycor
WHAT JBM PACKAGING OFFERS YOU
- We are committed to helping team members become the best version of themselves – at work and beyond. We offer financial wellness workshops, internal promotion opportunities, gym membership reimbursement, and more!
- We have a full-time ‘Better Lives Coach’ dedicated to helping team members reach their goals and improve their lives.
- We are a family-run business. We value family, community, and opportunity. We live by our Core Values – Collaboration, Grit, Growth Mindset, Innovation, Ownership, and Passion for a Better World.
- We are a Fair Chance employer, which means we believe everyone deserves a second chance.
- We offer competitive pay & benefits: vacation & personal days, 401(k) + employer match, bonus opportunities, wellness programs, employee assistance programs, short- & long-term disability, & (medical, dental, vision, life, and AD&D).