Human R Director
About Jostin Construction
Jostin Construction was founded in 1998. Our organization is driven by our “WHY” statement -To create and provide a diversity of opportunities for all. For over twenty-three years, this purpose has guided our work, how we run our business, how we engage with the community deeply and genuinely and most importantly, how we support and develop our employees, many of whom have been with us from the beginning.
As a growing firm of over 80 team members, we are proud to have built our business in concrete construction, general trades, construction management, and general construction, servicing our clients in commercial building remodels and new construction.
Our prized culture is entrenched in our Jostin Values:
• Diversity Wins
• All in, All the time
• The Golden Rule
• The Best at Getting Better
• Good Old-Fashioned Ridiculous Fun
• Go First
Our values represent who we are, how we work, and how we engage with others.
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, Jostin is seeking an energetic HR Director to lead our growing management team in building an innovative, employee-oriented human resources department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the enhancement of current HR programs, as well as the design of new HR initiatives and strategies that align with the company’s mission and performance-driven culture in all areas of HR, including HR compliance, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, organizational effectiveness, professional development, and benefit administration.
The Human Resources Director will work closely with company division leads and the extended leadership team. The Human Resources Director will outline and implement strategies that deliver on the organizational purpose or “WHY” of Jostin and be a critical leadership team member who reinforces Jostin Construction’s culture.
• Collaborates with leadership in workforce planning, and the implementation of competitive sourcing, recruitment, and selection strategies to maintain required staffing levels based on business needs and growth. Leads and guides Human Resources Coordinator in ensuring pipeline of skilled and unskilled talent is ready and available to meet current and future talent needs.
• Monitor an onboarding process to ensure it meets current needs of new employees and leads with the Jostin “Why” and 6 Core Values.
• Works with managers to implement a pro-active employee relations program and supports leadership in the effective resolution of employee relations issues in a manner that aligns with the organizational culture.
• Collaborates with leadership to establish a performance management system that rewards high-performance, quality, productivity, and safety, and provides meaningful opportunities and resources (i.e., training, education, work experience, etc.) for the development and advancement of designated high potentials.
Compensation & Benefits
• Establishes staff compensation policies and guidelines, ensuring that salaries being paid are equitable and competitive for the type of work being performed, the local market, and industry standards.
• Administers employee group benefits (life, health, dental and disability): monitor continual competitiveness; establish procedures for implementation; provide support on interpretations and special cases; coordinate problem resolution.
• Maintains all legal documents to the benefit plans including Section 125 and retirement plan
Compliance Policies & Procedures
• Tracks and monitors staff attendance to ensure compliance with applicable policies and procedures, and administers all leave of absence, transitional duty, and reasonable accommodation/workplace modification programs (ADA, workers compensation, FMLA, Military Leave, PTO, COVID protocol, policies, and procedures, etc.)
• Implements effective Human Resources compliance strategies to ensure legal and regulatory compliance; manages internal and external employment and labor claims (administrative and formal litigation) resolution and provides appropriate training to employees and leadership on critical Human Resources compliance matters.
• Drafts, updates, and recommends changes to organizational policies, practices, and procedures, and advises and trains leadership on policy interpretation and application.
Workers Compensation & Unemployment Insurance
• Administers Workers Compensation policy/claims and works with leadership and Safety Manager to monitor, track, and ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures, including ensuring appropriate certifications and licensing, and compliance reporting.
• Administers and monitors unemployment insurance claims and files timely responses to claims and inquiries.
• Delivers, receives, and translates messages up and down the organization. Assists the Chief People Officer in the development of organizational and change management communications as it pertains to human resources.
HRIS, Employee Data & Analytics
• Maintains personnel database by utilizing HRIS system.
Other duties as assigned.
• Eight years minimum in a Human Resources Generalist or HR Business Partner role.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs. Employee Navigator and HRIS systems understanding a plus
• Keen insight and awareness of advancing diversity and inclusion within high growth organizations
• Demonstrated leadership ability and history of successive promotion, advancement, and progression of assignments and areas of responsibility.
• Demonstrated ability to lead through persuasion, build collaborative relations, and garner trust, respect, and credibility among diverse internal and external clients
• Exceptional written and oral communication, and presentation skills
• Deep knowledge and expertise in areas of Human Resources Compliance
• Strong work ethic, integrity, and demonstrated commitment to the organization’s people, mission, and values
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent judgment, and common-sense approach to day-to-day and complex Human Resources issues
• Ability to listen to others with compassion while representing the company’s positions
• Ability to work independently.
• PHR, SPHR or other HR certification, training, or specialization, or advanced degree or coursework in HR, business, or related field preferred
• Project Management experience
Timeline & Recruitment Process:
1/18//2021 – 2/5/2021 Recruitment of potential candidates for HR Director
2/11/2021-2/12/2021 Phase 1: In-person interviews
2/15/2021-2/16/2021 Phase 2: Interviews with top 3 candidates
2/18/2021-2/19/2021 Phase 3: Meet/greet with Key Leadership team
2/22/2021-2/26/2021 Extend offer
3/01/2021-3/31/2021 Pre-onboard activities: Drug test, Reference letter, etc.
4/05/2021 Onboard as the new Human Resource Director
• The recruitment process, position description, dates and processes may be adjusted as needed.
• All interviews will be via video conference using the Microsoft Teams platform
o Those invited to interview will be sent an invite with the Microsoft Teams link
Cover Letter & Resume Submission Instructions
All candidates’ interest and submission will be held in confidence
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter and resume (Microsoft Word document only) to:
Anne M. Maxfield at firstname.lastname@example.org., who is assisting Jostin Construction with this search.
ALL candidates’ cover letters and resumes will be carefully reviewed and each will receive confirmation of receipt from Anne. Only those candidates who will be invited to Phase I interviews will receive a second communication.
Thank you for your interest in growing with Jostin Construction and driving our purpose.