Position Summary: Are you interested in working as a part of an Human Resources team that is excited about providing expertise and support for a thriving and community centered library system? Kenton County Public Library is seeking an HR Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of personnel-related responsibilities. This position requires excellent communication and administrative skills and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
Hours will primarily be day shift Monday through Friday. Occasional weekend and after-hours work is required
· Provides a warm welcome and excellent customer service to employees, candidates, and members of the community.
· Assist with the hiring process to include posting positions, scheduling interviews, preparing new hire paperwork and ordering nametags.
· Supports the HR Department in the vetting of new candidates including conducting background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
· Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation in a timely manner.
· Implements new hire onboarding and orientation; updating when needed.
· Track that employees have completed required training.
· Track employee certification process and progress.
· Coordinate employee tuition reimbursement process.
· Performs tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to benefits, leave and training and Staff Handbook production.
· Prepares, proofreads, and types documents and correspondence in support of the HR department.
· May assist with preparation of human resource reports such as attendance, new hire and turnover reports.
· Supports the implementation and use of HR technology and completes data entry of new hire information.
· May assist administratively with the benefits process.
· Orders supplies for the Administration and other branches as needed.
· Acts as a liaison between the organization and external vendors as necessary.
· Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
· Receives and distributes incoming mail, posts and mails outgoing mail.
· Prepares purchase orders for the HR department.
· Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
Two years of administrative support or equivalent experience preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity, tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn human resource information system, (HRIS, and similar computer applications)
Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
Extensive knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
Ability to operate general office equipment.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work effectively with staff and outside vendors.
Self-directed – ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Sense of humor.
Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Demonstrated teamworking skills.
Ability to sit for prolonged periods at a desk working on a computer.
Ability to sit, stand, stretch, stoop, reach and use step stool to move items to and from shelves.
Ability to move and lift items weighing up to 15 lbs.
Ability to see ½ inch numbers and ¼ inch letters at a distance of up to 5 feet.
Salary: $19.00/hour, dependent on qualifications; Excellent Benefits Package
Contact: If you have the qualifications for this position, apply at http://kentonlibrary.applicantpro.com
The Kenton County Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted: February 1, 2024; Closes February 15, 2024