Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will provide human resources services for Lindner Center of HOPE employees and managers. A major focus of the position will be on recruiting, but this position will also assist in other areas of human resources, including HRIS, benefits, payroll and orientation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop recruiting strategies with hiring managers to fill open positions from entry level to professional level positions. Coordinate the recruiting and interviewing process, including: write job postings, review resumes, conduct phone and in-person interviews, follow-up with applicants, make hiring recommendations, insuring that all pre-employment requirements are completed, within the required timeframe..
2. Assist in writing job descriptions and updating them as position duties change. Be aware of changing market trends and make recommendations for pay range changes. Make appropriate salary offers based on pay policies and practices. Coordinate performance review process at LCOH.
3. Coordinate new hire orientation, and present/facilitate designated modules of the orientation program.
4. Understand the benefit package and be able to explain it to applicants. Able to answer benefits questions from employees, and assist them with benefit enrollment.
5. Have in depth understanding of Human Resources policies, with the ability to answer employee and manager questions about them.
6. Demonstrate proficiency in use of applicant tracking HR/payroll and other human resources systems. Process new hire and employee changes in the HR/Payroll system.
7. Insure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
8. Participate in planning recognition and other special events
9. Participate in LCOH and UC Health committees as requested.
10. Assist with other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 3 years of human resources experience. Health care experience preferred.
2. Must have extensive experience recruiting for positions at the service, administrative and professional level. Demonstrated use of creative techniques to source candidates.
3. Basic understanding of benefits, compensation and payroll.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with many different types of individuals.
5. Strong computer skills to work on HRIS, Word, Excel and other software programs. Experience working in Lawson and/or Taleo a plus.
6. Outstanding organization skills and the ability to effectively handle many tasks at a time, and prioritize appropriately. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
7. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
8. Ability to enthusiastically follow and model the Lindner Center of HOPE mission, vision and values.
The physical demands of this position are consistent with those performed in a normal office environment, including occasional lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling, and sufficient manual dexterity to operate standard office equipment and ability to use to use a computer. Must be able to occasionally travel to other locations for recruiting activities.