The Human Resources Generalist will provide human resources services for Lindner Center of HOPE employees and managers. A major focus of the position will be on recruiting, but this position will also assist in other areas of human resources, including HRIS, benefits, payroll and orientation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop recruiting strategies with hiring managers to fill open positions from entry level to professional level positions.
- Coordinate the recruiting and interviewing process, including: write job postings, review resumes, conduct phone and in-person interviews, follow-up with applicants, make hiring recommendations, insuring that all pre-employment requirements are completed, within the required timeframe.
- Coordinate new hire orientation, and present/facilitate designated modules of the orientation program.
- Understand the benefit package and be able to explain it to applicants.
- Have in depth understanding of Human Resources policies, with the ability to answer employee and manager questions.
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of applicant tracking HR/payroll and other human resources systems.
- Participate in planning recognition and other special events.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 3 years of human resources experience required. Health care experience preferred.
- Must have extensive experience recruiting for positions at the service, administrative and professional level. Demonstrated use of creative techniques to source candidates.
- Basic understanding of benefits, compensation and payroll.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with many different types of individuals.
- Strong computer skills to work on HRIS, Word, Excel and other software programs. Experience working in Lawson and/or Taleo a plus.
- Outstanding organization skills and the ability to effectively handle many tasks at a time, and prioritize appropriately. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.