POSITION: People Strategy Hospitality Business Partner
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
REPORTS TO: People Strategy Director
COMPENSATION RANGE: $62,050 – $83,950
WHO ARE YOU?
You are big on building strong connections with front-line team members as well as management. You are internally motivated to develop win-win solutions for the people that you support. You believe in the ability for people to grow and thrive when given the opportunity and tools. You look for ways to say “yes” first while understanding when you can operate in the gray spaces and when you cannot compromise.
You understand the unique operating environment of the hospitality industry and are empathetic to the talented and hard-working team members. You have a hospitality mindset in how you approach the people that you support — you are warm and welcoming, you exceed expectations, and you want to plant a better community.
You also want to be a part of a growing organization, and more growth is coming!
WHO ARE WE?
When MadTree sprouted in 2013, we were driven to craft great beer – but more importantly – to build something bigger than ourselves and the high-quality beer we produce. Since the beginning, we have cared deeply about creating meaningful connections with our communities. We embrace our name MadTree and work to celebrate and protect nature, while reducing our impact on the environment. We are proud members of 1% for the Planet, with a commitment to donate 1% of our sales to non-profits focused on environmental sustainability. The craftspeople at MadTree wake up every day to connect people to nature and each other.
We are MadTree. Inspiring Madness. Rooted in Purpose.
MadTree is committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that inspires madness while being rooted in purpose. We offer a competitive compensation package plus great benefits like subsidized health insurance, a retirement plan with a match, profit sharing, paid time off, and many other great perks.
POSITION SUMMARY: The People Strategy Hospitality Business Partner supports and delivers all facets of the People Strategy department’s mission to be the chief people advocate, culture guide, people developer, total compensation strategist, and compliance consultant. They will be an avid MadTree ambassador who lives the behaviors – Connect, Grow, and Give a F*ck.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate strong proficiency in the following areas:
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better tactical business decisions
- Manages Complexity: Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Focusing on Hospitality, takes the roles of an embedded partner, coach, and change agent to identify opportunities to improve people and business performance and cultural engagement.
- Partners with leaders to anticipate and resolve problems; develop and implement change initiatives to achieve the highest levels of unit-level performance and excellence.
- Partners with leaders for effective talent acquisition, onboarding, training, and development. Leads company onboarding for new hires.
- Coaches leaders to resolve employee relations issues through a systematic and solution-oriented approach using sound judgment.
- Understands and anticipates issues and promotes positive employee relations. Ensures legal compliance and fair and competitive practices. Manage employee relations investigations and other sensitive employee matters.
- Effectively administers the performance and career management process, including: compensation planning, calibration sessions, managing low performers, recognizing high performers, and facilitating career development and succession plans.
- Partners with leaders to develop and implement meaningful engagement, reward, recognition, and retention strategies.
- Partners with other teams to ensure that People Strategy functions run smoothly and efficiently.
- Researches and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Supports People Strategy Director in the development and delivery of strategic initiatives and standard operations.
- Maintains both standard and predictive People Strategy metrics; strives to achieve a continuous rate of improvement in results and customer experience.
- Enthusiastically spends a minimum of 16 hours per year volunteering (paid) for MadTree Impact initiatives as well as influencing the team with that same enthusiasm.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or equivalent experience required.
- 2-4 years progressive Human Resources Generalist experience including talent acquisition, coaching/counseling, performance management, and employee relations experience required.
- Ability to travel to multiple sites regularly and occasionally work outside of standard hours.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must possess a sound knowledge of employee relations, employment law, payroll, recruiting, and best practices within Human Resources management.
- Comfortable with using various technology solutions to manage operational activities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to make sound, independent decisions.
- Excellent organizational, planning, analytical, oral, and written communication skills with a very strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and work under pressure with little supervision – self-motivated.
- Comfort with multitasking and maintaining efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, and walk.
- Ability to frequently talk and hear.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of an office, bar, restaurant, and brewery.
- The employee occasionally works near hazardous materials.
- The employee occasionally works on wet floors.