GET LUCKY AND JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
Miami Valley Gaming knows luck. We also know what it takes to build a winning team. As the premier gaming destination in the region, we are lucky to have the best team members to get the job done! If you are a dynamic, dependable, and guest focused individual, we would be lucky to have you.
We are looking for a full-time Benefits and Leave Administrator to join our outstanding team. This is a professional level position responsible for day to day support for benefits, all leave of absence cases, Workers’ Compensation claims, and unemployment claims of the HR department. You will need strong administrative and organizational skills as well as the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
SUMMARY: Manages and administers the day-to-day and long-term operations of benefits, leave of absence cases, Workers’ Compensation claims and unemployment claims. Effectively coordinates all cases/claims to include general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Serves as the HR point of contact with regard to benefits, leaves of absence, Workers’ Compensation claims and unemployment claims for all team members with decision-making responsibility.
· Ensures compliance with government regulations. Ensures the timeliness and accuracy of required reports and fees.
· Serve as subject matter expert and administrator of leaves in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws.
· Facilitates and coordinates activities for disability services, provides ADA compliance.
· Performs safety assessments concentrating on special focus areas safeguarding all team members and guests reducing organizational risk.
· Evaluates and revises internal processes to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
· Participates in developing department goals and objectives.
· Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of the HR department in relation to established goals.
· Recommends new approaches, ideas and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the HR department and the services performed.
· Develops and maintains records, reports, and logs for various HR functions.
· Assists with execution of recognition programs, and team member events.
· Participates in HR staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as directed.
· Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
· Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
· Ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity.
· Maintain interpersonal working relationships among all employees and the public.
· Oral and written communication skills.
· Willingness to assume overall responsibility relative to the performance of the position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree and two years of Human Resources experience or a master’s degree in Human Resources Management with one years of experience in the HR field; or three years of experience in the HR or related field or a combination of education and experience required. HRCI (PHR/SPHR/GPHR) certification preferred.
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines with emphasis on benefits, FML, ADA and Worker’s Comp administration and federal and state respective employment laws.