This position is responsible for overseeing the planning, design, implementation and administration of compensation and benefits programs at Mubea that attract, retain, motivate and reward associates while ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness and governmental compliance. These programs include, but are not limited to the following: medical, dental, pharmaceutical, vision, wellness, flexible spending/health savings accounts, disability insurance, life insurance, voluntary products, leave administration, recognition awards and the 401(k) Plan. As a member of the compensation team, this position will advise on initiatives and projects such as job analysis, salary structure development and administration, incentive plan management, annual salary planning process and other compensation processes as assigned. Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulations concerning benefits and compensation programs (ERISA, HIPPA, COBRA, FMLA, FLSA, DOL, HCRA, etc), including appropriate controls, documentation and recordkeeping. Suggests processes and tools within the total rewards function for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees relationships with benefit plan consultants, brokers, and administrators. Monitors administrative service level agreements, administrative fees, performance expectations and overall results to ensure cost-effective and quality service.
- Develops and communicates benefit program strategies in a manner that positions the benefits function as a trusted advisor to the business.
- Leads U.S. annual enrollment process, renewal and associate information sessions.
- Lead contact for associate questions and issues concerning U.S. benefit policies and procedures.
- Ensures U.S. benefit related plan filings with the proper entities (e.g. IRS in the US and equivalents outside).
- Collaborates with other HR functional areas to ensure effective communication of benefits programs to employees and prospective employees, leveraging the Company’s benefits programs as an important part of the employee total reward strategy.
- Partners with senior management to inform, influence, develop, and implement benefit plans and processes.
- Regularly benchmarks company programs & monitors external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs in response to trends and/or issues. This includes monitoring legislative changes that may have impact on Company programs.
- Coordinate and fulfill requests as required for annual external and internal audits.
- Participates in compensation surveys and related analyses.
- Administers base compensation program including annual merit increase process.
- Administers bonus plans for management and non-management populations where applicable.
- Supports position evaluation to ensure appropriate placement within salary structures, ensuring internal equity and external competitiveness.
- Maintains and updates job descriptions in coordination with Talent Acquisition Team.
- Conducts research, analyzes best practices, and recommends changes to compensation plans and programs.
- Conducts on-going analysis of processes. Researches and makes recommendations for process enhancements.
- Creates and maintains job profiles as required, ensuring appropriate assignment to compensation structures, benefits programs, etc.
- Assists in preparation of data for Development Council meetings.
- BS in Business Administration, Human Resources, Accounting / Finance or related field.
- At least seven years’ progressively responsible experience in Human Resources Benefits functions for a 500+ million revenue, fast growing company.
- Solid understanding of benefit plan principles related to medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as healthcare reform, HIPAA regulations, IRS rules and regulations, accounting implications, etc.
- Must understand and have experience with complex, self-funded healthcare plans.
- Demonstrated experience developing & implementing benefit program strategies & solutions for both an exempt & unionized workforce in multi-state locations.
- Must have experience in implementing and maintaining company-wide pay grades and structure and ensure that the company’s pay scale complies with changing state and federal laws and regulations; ensure EEO/FLSA compliance; ensures integrity of job evaluation process; reevaluates job descriptions for organizational leveling and FLSA classification.
- Strong time management and project management skills, & ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong analytical, complex problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt within a changing and matrixed environment; strong sense of urgency.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to treat confidential matters with appropriate discretion.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant graduate degree
- CCP (Certified Compensation Professional)
- Experience in other HR functional areas (e.g., HRIS, Talent Acquisition, etc.)
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS)
- Experience in automotive manufacturing and /or engineering and sales driven businesses