Maintains responsibility for the HR function for all plant associates, including the support of plant recruitment activity, associate relations, record keeping, training/ workforce development and total rewards administration. Ensures compliance with employment laws, rules and regulations. This position is a visible member of the plant leadership team and is looked to for council, execution, innovation and results that fully enable the plant to meet its strategic priorities and operational targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and/or ensures compliance with company-established HR procedures and programs regarding plant associates’ benefits and compensation, training, and employment through collaboration with the corporate HR team.
- Ensures the support of people leaders and advises plant management concerning HR topics and HR related issues affecting the workforce.
- Ensures adherence to local, state and federal labor employment-related laws and regulations, including the management of unemployment claims.
- Maintains and updates employee records and reports to document personnel actions, status changes and payroll actions, including organization charts and demographic changes.
- Conducts anticipatory recruitment in order to ensure adequate staffing in terms of quantity and quality, supports plant staffing needs (permanent and temporary), and supports plant orientation and tracking of onboarding activities.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of applicable HR policies and programs, addressing internal and external challenges.
- Supports the continuous qualification of associates through the development of concepts and implementation of training programs to support associate growth.
- Manages work-rule violation investigations, ensuring consistency, fairness and adherence to established company-related policies and applicable laws.
- Maintains professional relationships with plant union representatives, supporting conversations to resolve labor relations issues through adherence to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Administers progressive discipline counseling, ensuring the consistency and integrity of the established corrective action process.
- Advises plant leadership on labor relations issues and union negotiations when applicable.
- Manages associate relations in the plant, responding to concerns timely and fostering positive attitudes towards plant and company goals.
- Develops and recommends countermeasures to resolve associate issues.
- Advises plant management in the appropriate resolution of associate relations’ issues.
- Acts as a first contact for the workforce and as an associate advocate.
- Develops, plans, conducts and documents assigned engagement activities.
- Leads the discussion of human resources issues that affect plant operations, including the collection and reporting of key performance indicators and deriving/initiating permanent corrective actions in case of deviation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience at a HR Business Partner level, with at least 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated planning, scheduling, collaboration and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), including the ability to prepare and deliver effective communications to all levels within the organization, outside officials and agencies, and the public
- Intermediate math skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. HRIS experience preferred
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- Experience in automotive manufacturing and /or engineering and sales driven businesses
- Functional management in a unionized facility
- SHRM CP designation
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving methodologies
- Experience working in a Germany based (international) organization