Working as a member of the Corporate HR Team, this role is responsible for directing the design, implementation, communication, administration, compliance and auditing of employee benefits programs, procedures, and systems. These include, but are not limited to, the medical plans, health savings accounts, dental plan, vision plan, limited purpose flex plan, basic and voluntary life insurance plans. Duties will include, but are not limited to, daily maintenance of the HRIS and employee portal, collection and retention of compliance-related documentation and the support of other essential HR functions, including administrative support in the area of new hire and termination processing, employee and manager training/education and overall support. Will participate in other HR related activities as needed to support department objectives and serve the growing needs of the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and the transfer of data to appropriate vendors.
- Coordinate daily benefits processing, update employee records and ensure employee changes are entered correctly and timely
- Ensure deadlines and compliance requirements are met
- Provide superior customer service to employees on related questions
- Audit and reconcile all benefit plans and billing
- Maintain a good working knowledge of benefit legislation, industry standards and best practices
- Act as the primary contact and liaison between benefit brokers, insurance company and employees to ensure adherence to plan provision and resolve issues or concerns regarding plan administration
- Administer, maintain and coordinate on-line insurance plans, enrollments, terminations and premium payments
- Ensure regulatory compliance with applicable government regulations including, but not limited to ACA and ERISA compliance
- Assure timeliness and accuracy of required fillings
- Design, maintain and update benefit information on employee resource site to enhance employee communication and understanding of company benefits options
- Compile and analyze benefit use, cost, effectiveness, experience, trends, etc. and provide organization insight based on findings
- Enter and administer sensitive employee data in multiple HR systems
- Organize and manage employee files, for compliance and acknowledgment forms
- Ensure for confidentiality of all personnel and personal data
- Provide phone support to all field employees and management
- Participate in and contribute to department and office meetings
- Work closely with others on the HR Team to ensure smooth coordination of efforts
- Perform special assignments and projects as requested
- Deliver outstanding customer service to every employee
- Display ethical standards beyond reproach including maintaining confidentiality with all data
Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation
MINIMUM POSISTION QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in administering benefit programs or related discipline or equivalent education preferred
- Understanding of ACA, ERISA, COBRA, Section 125, Medicare, and HIPPA requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS or other systems used for compiling confidential data and historical reporting.
- Ultimate Software/UltiPro experience is desirable.
- Capacity to learn multiple computer systems and web-based applications
- Experience functioning in a corporate office environment
- Expert organizational, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively craft and deliver a message verbally and in writing
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize and multi-task
- Experience working as part of a team
- Ability to support current company culture