About Ripple Junction
Creating since 1992, Ripple Junction began as two guys with a van full of shirts at a Grateful Dead show. Today, we’re a leading designer and developer of licensed merchandise for globally recognized brands. For over 20 years we have been driven by passion and purpose. Ripple Junction is one of the most successful purveyors of licensed apparel and merchandise in the United States. We create a wide range of top-quality products that appeal to the fans of our extensive roster of licensed properties, while generating strong sales for our numerous retail partners.
We believe in quality, creative products and a commitment to celebrating film, television, rock & roll, anime, science fiction, video games, and everything pop culture. Ripple Junction’s team of imaginative pop culture fanatics create the planet’s most awesome t-shirts and officially licensed products. We are armed with a passion for all things; movies, television, anime, music, video games, and pop culture. And we’re fans first. “Make rad” was the idea that Ripple Junction was born out of and now it’s our life’s work.
We are in search of a Director of HR which we call Director of Talent Learning and Culture (TLC). We are growing rapidly with over 100 employees and adding more. We have a great culture, and work in a team-based environment. We believe that Human Resource management is all about helping to increase employee performance across the organization through each of the areas below:
I. Recruiting and Onboarding
- Recruiting process and execution
- Advertising job postings, sourcing candidates, and screening applicants
- Work closely with hiring managers to coordinate and maximize recruiting results – both speed and quality of hires
- Lead the company internship program and continue development of relationships with partner Universities
II. Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
- Utilize tools to measure employee engagement and satisfaction to improve workplace practices
- Develop and update HR policies and procedures
- Lead employee program development including Wellness, Culture Clubs, and Company events
- Learn HR systems and processes already in place and take action to maximize their utilization.
- Coach and counsel across all levels of management to improve organizational effectiveness.
III. Maintaining a Safe Environment
- Support a culture of workplace safety, facilitate training and maintain reporting records
- Manage the company’s workers compensation program
IV. Compensation and Benefits
- Manage the company compensation program, maintaining structures and evaluating competitive pay practices
- Negotiate group health coverage and rates with insurers
- Oversee the administration of the company’s retirement savings plan
- Overall management of compensation, payroll and benefit programs and processes
V. HR Strategy
- Implement HR programs to support the growth of the company
- Develop strategies for retention of staff
- Work with management team to identify needed staffing levels and timing
VI. Compliance and Systems
- Understand and comply with all labor and employment laws
- Keep up to date on State and Federal employment laws.
and small businesses
VII. Facilitation, Training and Employee Development
- Develop and implement performance management tools and tracking
- Providing new employees with detailed orientation to help them transition to our cultur
- Provide leadership training and professional development
- Partner with senior leadership in development of talent strategies
- Both create and implement effective talent development and performance management processes
- Develop HR related training and education programs ensuring professional delivery consistently across the organization
VIII. Administrative Support
- Lead overall office management including staff planning and development and supporting all-hands staff meetings
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of overall prior business experience with a minimum of 5-years of hands-on HR leadership and talent development experience.
- Experience working within a fast paced and growing organization with lean HR resources
- Have a demonstrated record of supporting organization growth through innovative and practical HR solutions.
- Experienced in HR best practices, process management, continuous improvement and change management
- The successful candidate must have a broad-based understanding of organizational development and the impact of their actions on all parts of the organization
- Must quickly learn the organization, people, and priorities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Make timely decisions; be proactive; readily understand management issues; develop solutions that effectively address problems
- Must have exceptional decision-making skills
- Must have a history of teaching others and life-long learning
Undergraduate degree is required
A current HR Certification (PHR, SPHR, and/or CPC) is preferred but not required.