SHP is a dynamic team of architects, designers and engineers who maximize the utility, beauty and wonder of space. We apply a multidisciplinary approach of expertise and passion to create lasting environments that help people engage in better human experiences, encouraging people to thrive, dream, create, learn and grow.
We want this same environment for our own employees, and the Human Resources Manager is a key element in creating excellence in employee experience, Simply Helping People!
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
SHP (www.shp.com) is looking for an energetic, highly motivated Human Resources Manager who connects easily with people, understanding that our business thrives when our employees thrive. The HR Manager will support the Director of Human Resources to ensure smooth and efficient business operations. The HR Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues, so you will be involved in recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation and benefits administration, payroll, and compliance. Promoting corporate values and supporting a vibrant and creative culture are vital elements of this role.
The Principle Responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager:
- In support of the Director of Human Resources and hiring managers, manages full cycle hiring, including: ideal candidate visioning, identification of role requirements, recruitment, scheduling, interviews, offer letters, candidate verification, and onboarding.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and benchmarks.
- Works with the Director of Human Resources and the VP of Business Operations on salary benchmarking and tracking of other key elements of the offer package to ensure equitable and competitive total rewards.
- Manages bi-monthly payroll administration and processing; ensures proper administration of payroll taxes, paid benefit hours, workers compensation, and other leave.
- Administers benefits, including employee communications and education, enrollments, changes, terminations, and COBRA, as well as monthly billing validation & approval.
- Supports the Director in oversight and management of the performance appraisal system, driving high performance.
- Helps to develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Upholds and demonstrates firm policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook, making recommendations for policy revisions and additions as needed.
- Is approachable and can resolve employee-related issues in a confidential and sensitive manner, with ability to diplomatically address conflict.
- Is able to effectively analyze data and information to make informed recommendations and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Maintains employee database in HRIS and payroll systems.
- Maintains employee files and human resources records, ensuring all employment and legal compliance standards are met.
- Helps to support employee training and development.
- Administers FMLA, STD, LTD, and other leaves of absence.
- Helps to support employee immigration applications and administration.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field; HR certification a plus, but not required
- 5+ years proven experience as an HR manager or specialist
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrates a demeanor that is positive, inspires others, and creates constructive solutions
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices; ability to identify and recommend process improvements encouraged
- Knowledge of payroll tax regulations and administration is helpful
- Strong abilities in both MS Office and Google Workspace preferred
- In-depth understanding of candidate sourcing tools such as ATS (applicant tracking systems), resume databases, and online communities
- Aptitude for use of HR systems and databases
- Outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage credible interpersonal relationships at all levels of the firm, inspiring confidence and trust
- Ability to handle data and sensitive employee matters with the highest regard for confidentiality and respect
- Solid ability to handle multiple competing priorities; good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to be on-site in our downtown Cincinnati office location a minimum of 3-4 days/week
- Strong preference for candidates residing in the Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky metropolitan region.
Salary: $60,000 – $80,000 commensurate with experience
- Performance Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Flexible and Predictable Schedules, M-F
- Great Work/Life Balance
- Ancillary Benefits Including: Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Shield, Legal Shield, TeleHealth
- Discounted Parking
- Discounted Gym Access
- Conveniently located across from The Banks for outdoor recreational opportunities
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary, performance bonus, and the excellent benefits package detailed above. Plus, we work in a really cool modern workspace overlooking the Bengals stadium, the Suspension Bridge, and the Ohio River! Throughout our 122+ years in business, we’ve worked really hard to foster a fun familial culture with a healthy work / life balance. We love it here, and we think you would, too!
Please submit resume & cover letter to Lynn Johnson, Director of Human Resources: LJohnson@shp.com