Career Opportunity: Executive Director of Human Capital with Springfield City School District in Springfield, OH
Do you have experience leading HR initiatives in education? Are you a strategic thinker with the ability to be hands-on? Are you dynamic, a relationship-builder, and able to have those tough, critical decisions? If you answered yes, this is the opportunity for you!
The Springfield City School District serves approximately 7,700 students pre-school through grade 12 in a vibrant learning community of 59,500 residents in west-central Ohio. Our academic and extracurricular aim is to ensure academic growth for students at all abilities. We continue to innovate to support personalized, customized learning. The Springfield City School district collaborates with its families and community partners to support college or career readiness and personal success for every student. Collectively we deliver a rigorous, opportunity-rich and student-centered education that inspires lifelong learning.
The Springfield City School District is seeking an Executive Director of Human Capital to manage the overall delivery of human capital services and programs. This role will develop human capital strategies to improve the operational efficiency and functions of the School District. Additionally, this role will ensure the implementation of all Board of Education policies, District policies and programs, state and federal regulations, and negotiated agreements. This role will also:
● Supervise and evaluate HR team, Business Operations Manager and Safety & Security Operations Manager
● Identify, develop, and implement staffing initiatives, ensuring operational alignment and support for District priorities
● Facilitate and support the District’s Ohio Improvement Plan in collaboration with designated committees
● Monitor legislative activities that impact personnel administration; recommend policy and administrative changes in support of strategic initiatives
● Oversee recruitment, supervision, and allocation of both permanent and substitute positions; develop and maintain appropriate procedures for selection, assignment, evaluation, and termination of personnel.
● Analyze and interpret staff survey data, providing recommendations for capital improvements
● Ensure alignment of District resources while maintaining fiscal responsibility
● Work in collaboration with District leadership to create and sustain a positive and diverse culture in which employees feel appreciated, supported, and engaged
● Analyze, interpret, and apply rules, regulations and policy pertaining to certificated and classified employees
● Develop, administer, and interpret employee bargaining agreements outlining policies, procedures, benefits, supervising contractual grievances
● Plan, develop and administer staff record-keeping procedures
● Oversee Title IX, Worker’s Compensation, FMLA, benefits, disciplinary proceedings, negotiated agreements, staff policy changes, evaluations and staff reporting.
What you’ll need to be successful:
● Valid HR certification; HRCI, SHRM or pHCLE preferred
● Master’s Degree or higher from accredited college/university with emphasis on personnel administration
● Minimum 5 years administrative experience in human resource management
● Experience using data to track trends, predict future conditions and adjust practices to meet goals
● Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
● Knowledge of personnel laws and regulations
● Demonstrated ability to provide consultative guidance and expertise for personnel management, organizational structures and human capital development
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a professional, growing organization. Apply online at https://grnh.se/4961bed63us or submit your resume to email@example.com.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. Please no third-party candidates or phone calls.