Field HR Manager, Cincinnati (Hybrid)
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC Group, is a leading producer of packaging and graphic solutions, color and display technologies, functional products, electronic materials, and products for the automotive and healthcare industries. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical is continuously working to promote and develop sustainable solutions to exceed customer expectations and better the world around us. With combined annual sales of more than $8.5 billion and 22,000+ employees worldwide, the DIC Group companies support a diverse collection of global customers.
Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our website at www.sunchemical.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
The Field Human Resources Manager plays a critical role supporting multiple site leaders, supervisors, and employees at Sun Chemical’s Amelia, Cincinnati, and N. Kentucky sites. This role will be the primary HR contact for the sites.
In this role, the Field Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources department including hiring and interviewing staff, leading employee and labor relations, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices for the geography covered. The Manager will be supported by an HR Assistant and will have supervisory responsibilities for this associate.
· Partner with multiple site leadership teams to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy; particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Provide support and guidance to management, and other staff as complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Partner with the Global Talent Management CoE, to manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Connect with the Total Rewards CoE to analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
· Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance. This includes managing the Affirmative Action Plan for the sites or geography.
· Manage day to day labor relations issues (Grievance Process, Job Bidding.)
· Actively participate in contract negotiations – pre-work, creating language and economic proposals, proofing, and distribution of CBA.
· Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
· 3-5 years or HR management experience
· HRIS experience
· Strong Talent Acquisition experience and employee advocate mindset
· 1-2 years of union support experience, including contract interpretation and handling grievances at the local level
· Problem solving and continuous improvement experience
· Ability to influence leaders and resolve conflicts
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
· Master’s degree
· Advanced HR certification (SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP)
· Experience with SuccessFactors or iCIMS
· Experience supporting multiple sites
· Manufacturing experience
· Automated time & absence platform experience
Background and Drug Screen are mandatory if an offer is made.
It is Sun’s policy that applicants for employment are recruited, selected, and hired on the basis of individual merit and ability with respect to the position being filled. Sun prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.