At TruStar Partners, we partner with you to bridge critical HR talent gaps & fill urgent work demands. We help your business grow by providing interim & On-demand senior level HR support to increase productivity & drive positive business results. We establish a collaborative relationship by getting to know your business, your people, & leveraging fractional HR resources in the areas of Performance Strategy, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, and Engagement & Retention for your competitive advantage.
We are currently partnering with a client seeking an experienced multi-site HR Operations Manager to partner with leaders and team members within manufacturing operations headquartered in Dayton, OH.
A little about the role…
This role will serve as the primary onsite HR Manager for the Dayton manufacturing facility (100+ employees) and HR support for the Berlin, WI Operations (30 emps) and serves as the organizational Safety champion. Some key responsibilities include recruitment and on-boarding (60% for Dayton Ops): Source, screen hourly operational roles and interview applicants. Ensure that all pre-employment paperwork and testing is completed. Perform orientation and assist with onboarding of new hires. Create a workplace that focuses on health, wellness and safety: Perform safety related duties such as filling out accident forms, investigating and implementing corrective actions, serving on safety committee, maintaining OSHA log, handling workers comp, tracking safety metrics and reporting.
The purpose of the role is to deliver services that assist the Dayton & Berlin operations in meeting their operational objectives and to act as an onsite extension of the Corporate Human Resources Department. In addition, serve as Safety Champion for the organization.
This ideal candidate experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent HR experience in manufacturing environment
· 5 years relevant experience working in manufacturing facility with diverse workforce
· Experience with leveraging HRIS platform and HR workflow/technology for HR administration
· High collaboration with Plant Managers, Supervisors and Corporate HR
· Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees
· Is proactive and displays initiative and innovation for process improvement and enhanced employee work experience
· Ability to “think outside the box” and bring creative solutions to the table
· Strong MS Office skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
A little about the organization…
Our client is a global leader in the provision of protective gear, uniforms, training equipment, and training centers for firefighters and first responders in all parts of the world. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, they are a family-owned company that dates back over 120 years. With a foundation of core beliefs and values, they are committed to keeping first responders and military personnel safer and better prepared through customized protective solutions.